Aira is a fast growing digital agency based in the centre of Milton Keynes. We’re currently looking for an experienced web designer with a creative spark to join our Content and PR team, producing awareness generating content campaigns for our clients. You will be joining an experienced yet young company at an exciting stage of growth and will be given the opportunity to grow in your role and get hands-on with projects from day one.
We believe in building a great place to work and an environment where we do our best work for clients but also supports our staff and has a work / life balance.
About the role
- You will work with our content and PR team to bring campaign ideas to life, using a combination of different design formats including infographics, long-form content, single page designs, interactive infographics and data visualisation. Here are some examples of designs we’ve previously created in these formats – The Wonders of the World According to Instagram, The Future According to Elon Musk, Overnight City Tourism Figures.
- You will own the design process from the design brief to web development to live testing, all while taking on board client and team feedback
- You will speak directly to clients to present designs and take on board feedback to improve designs and meet their business objectives
- You will work with our content team to produce and refine ideas for clients, providing design input to help assess the validity of an idea
You’ll have at least two years of experience behind you in web design and will have worked directly on a range of projects where you’ve owned design from start to finish. We’re looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum two years experience in web design in either an in-house or agency role
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to follow briefs and give feedback where needed
- Knowledge of how different browsers work in terms of web page rendering and how this affects design work
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with tools such as Sketch, Marvel, Invision, Realtimeboard, Zeplin, Advocate is a bonus
- You’ll have a portfolio showing off your previous work
What you’ll get
We believe in creating a great place to work and reward our team for contributing towards the growth of the company. As well as a relaxed, supportive environment, you’ll get:
- A new shiny MacBook
- Team lunch at Nandos on your first day (and random days after that!)
- Your birthday off
- Access to our unlimited (yes, unlimited) paid annual leave once you pass probation
- Endless supply of coffee, soft drinks and biscuits
- Regular personal development and concrete plans on how you can progress and grow within the company
- Opportunities to speak at industry events and our own MKGO event
- Free parking permit for central Milton Keynes
We’re a relatively small, fast growing agency based in Milton Keynes specialising in digital marketing, web design and development. Our clients range from small local businesses to large companies around the world in the US, Europe and Australia. We’re at an exciting stage of growth with new projects starting all the time and big opportunities for the right people.
Recruitment agency? We know you’ll ignore this, but on the off-chance you have got this far, please don’t call. If you do, we may swear at you. We use our own networks to recruit and it has worked great so far. If that changes, we’ll be sure to let you know.